Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Think before you ...

For a while now, I've been taking pictures, some good, most not so good, well maybe bad.
I always looked to technique as an answer. Maybe if I had that lens, or if I'd changed the settings on my camera, maybe if I had another flash, well that sort of thing.
I just started reading a book, "Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision", and it somehow opened my eyes to what is missing in my pictures, and maybe my life.
I don't have a vision, a picture, clear or otherwise, of what I want my pictures to look like.
Yes, I want them to look good/great. I want to hear "Wow, that's awesome", but I never really think about what I want the picture to say.
I'm reminded of the saying, "Think before you speak", and I guess it goes for photography as well. "Think before you push that button", know what you want to shoot, what you want to say.

For a while now, I've been taking pictures. It's time for me to MAKE PICTURES.

No comments:

Post a Comment