Sunday, December 6, 2009

Black and White


This weekend I forced myself to shoot not only in B&W, which I just don't do, I also mounted my 50mm f1.8 and switched to MANUAL.
I played around with a few things, "making" a picture,  adjusting the settings and shooting over and over again until I had something that I felt, represented my "Vision" or Idea of what it should look like.
I think I learned a little, but I will have to repeat this a few more times until I'm certain that this exercise was productive enough for me.
On the bright side, I feel, even though I didn't accomplish (yet), what I set out to do, I'm a step, closer to actually making pictures, and not just taking them.
If anybody should read this, I hope it makes sense to them. It does to me, and maybe that's all it takes.
At the top is my favorite picture from this weekend. It's a portrait of my Dad taken at a restaurant. He just gazed out the window and it just struck me. Everything seemed to fall in place, the lighting, the position of his head, and the gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment